4/5/13

Easter Wit' Ma Peeps

We've been patiently waiting the arrival of Spring.
So much so that we made a stop at Sonic for drinks.
Nothing says summer like Sonic!


Easter Sunday was absolutely Beautiful!
The sun was shining, the sky was blue, and the birds were singing. 
Kind of like in Snow White when all the animals sing.

We had smoked ham, homemade mac & cheese, green beans, and it just wouldn't be Easter without my very own deviled eggs....and pineapple upside down cake for desert. 
It was soooo good!

We had a guest join us for dinner.  Her name is Gloria and she's a Baker student. 
She is beautiful, talented, nice, wonderful, loving, caring, creative, smart ....I could just go on and on about this girl.  


Anyway...Gloria recently went to England.
I wanted to hear all about it.

Baker University offers a fantastic Study Abroad Program.
The most popular is the Harlaxton program in Grantham, England.
Students live and study for a semester in a Victorian manor.
Immersing themselves in British history, literature, political theory and business.

Photo Credit: Baker University
Isn't it dreamy?
I would LOOOOVE to go there someday.

I really wanted to hear all about her experience.
I really Really wanted my kids to hear first hand about it.

After listening to Gloria, Carody now seems to have the next few years planned out.
Or at least she's begining to think about her choices.
I think the wheels started turning in Caden's head too.
It would absolutely BLOW My Mind if my kids got to do this.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

After dinner, and lots & lots of stories, we got some pics with the Grandma's.

Granny Jo.
Grandma Di.

And the kids.
 ...and the kids being kids.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Carody had her Spring Choir Concert at school.
This cute little gal is her BFF from always...McKayla.
They've been friends ever since they started school.
I like that.
It's been a real treat watching them grow up together.

Enjoy your weekend.
I hope the weather is beautiful and you can get outside.
Take lots of pictures and share them with me.  K!?

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always nice to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...