1/23/13

More Than Words


Where have all the good manners gone?

I am constantly reminding my kids to use their manners.

"Do unto others as you would have done to you." 
Isn't this the Golden Rule? 

I didn't see this today as I held the door open for a young girl and her mother. 
Neither one said thank you...
didn't even look at me. 

"Please," "thank you," and "no thank you" are staples in our house.

So why do I feel like we're in the minority?

Simply saying thank you is a sign of courtesy that tells a lot about a person's character.



Anyone can say the words, but a truly grateful heart will not just utter, but show, genuine thankfulness.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. two little words that pack such a good meaning! :D

    ReplyDelete

It's always nice to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...