12/14/12

Flashback Friday {retro christmas}

Christmas is a great time to reminisce.

Part of the wonder of Christmas comes in the sights, sounds and smells of the season.  They carry a certain nostalgia, giving us the chance to relive the magical moments of our favorite Christmas memories:  waking up to a blanket of freshly fallen snow ....baking homemade cookies ....driving through neighborhoods in search of the brightest Christmas lights ....midnight mass.


Of all the holiday's Christmas was the most special of all.  I remember the Sears and Penny's catalog WISH editions.  I remember sitting on my bed dreaming of all the great stuff inside.


Cookies.  I remember lots and lots of cookies!  The Christmas cookies my mom made were many, and so SO yummy!  I remember the sugar cut out cookies and a few other varieties that involved icing, sprinkles, and a big mess.  All.  Totally.  Worth it.

There were only a few TV stations to watch, so when the Christmas specials such as Rudolph or Frosty the Snowman came on, everyone stopped what they were doing to watch.
I don't know who sent it, but every year we would get a tin of Topsy's Popcorn. 
It. was. my. Favorite!  Carmel, Cheese & Cinnamon.  Yummm!

Whether or not I got what I really wished for ....I mostly recall the anticipation of Christmas most of all.  And I think that is what's so special about it for our kids ...it's the season and what you do within the season.

Happy Holidays! 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always nice to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...