8/31/12

Jill Baked Ziti

My husband has been training for a triathlon and loading up on the carbs.  Good for him.  For me, not so much.  But, being the supportive wife I am, and not wanting spaghetti AGAIN, I asked around and came up with an idea.

Baked Ziti.

I'm not a fabulous cook.  Besides, Italian is always better when someone else makes it.  Let's just face it.  So when a co-worker shared with me how his wife makes this wonderful dish, I turned to Google.

"It's Google-able"  ~  a term used in our house most frequently.

Anyway, I came up with this:


1 (16 oz) pkg ziti pasta
24 oz ricotta cheese
1 lb shredded mozzarella cheese
egg, beaten
1 (32 oz) jar spaghetti sauce
1/4 c grated Parmesan cheese

Directions
>Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ziti and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and rinse.
>In a medium bowl, mix ziti, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, egg and 1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce.
>Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
>Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish and spoon in ziti mixture. Top with remaining spaghetti sauce, followed by Parmesan cheese.
>Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes; let stand for 15 minutes before serving.

(Big daddy likes it beefy, so I added 1 pound ground beef.  
Italian sausage or a mixture of both would be most delish.)

Survey says...

Big Daddy said,  "THIS is GOOD!"
Brother said,  "It's like lasagna."
Sissy said,  "It's kinda like baked spaghetti."
Mama said,  "I think it's a cross between lasagna and baked spaghetti, the best of both.  

AND it's Easy!  Even Better!  

Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always nice to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...