5/30/12

Would have been


My brother-in-law would have been 40 years old this year.

Last Wednesday we celebrated what would have been Uncle Travis's Birthday.
The family gathered at Grandad & DeeDee's house.
We watched old home movies.
Looked through pictures.
Told stories.
Laughed and cried.
The kids get a kick out of seeing their dads retro apparel.
I made his favorite cake.
Yellow with chocolate frosting.
We miss you Uncle Travis.
I never knew you personally,
but I feel as though I do.
We all blew out the candles,
and made a wish.
My wish is to meet you for real someday.
We'll share stories and eat cake.
Happy 40th Birthday!
Travis Wayne Franklin
May 23, 1972  -  July 5, 1989

2 comments:

  1. Lisa Liebich30/5/12

    What happened to Travis? He certainly was a handsome guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill I love this. Loved seeing those old photos. I'm certain he would've/will/does love you already :)

    ReplyDelete

It's always nice to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...