5/4/12

{Flashback} Friday & A Favor

The year:  1985.

 Springsteen, Madonna
Way before Nirvana
There was U2 and Blondie
And music still on MTV

I was fashioning a Miami Vice inspired sweater, that looks like it came straight 
from my bedroom floor, and stirrup pants.
Yes.
Stirrup Pants.
Oh, and you can better believe I'm avoiding any and all conversation about My Hair!
WHAT was I thinking?
I'm sooo glad we have better product available to us these days.

My brother was a wrestler and on this particular night I think he was up for King of Winter Sports.
Looks like someone needs to feed him a sandwich!

Now then.
I have a favor to ask...if you would be so kind.

Tucker Brown, Baldwin High School senior has won the Doodle4Google contest for the state of Kansas out of 114,000 applicants. The contest theme is "If I could travel in time, I would go . . ." He and a parent get an all expense paid trip to New York City where they will announce the national winner on May 18th. The winner will also receive a $30,000 college scholarship and a $50,000 technology grant for their school.


For him to win, and for the chance for our high school to benefit as well, he needs your vote. Voting ends May 10th. You can only vote once per "device", which means computer, iPhone, iPad, old computer, etc. He’s listed as Tucker B, from Baldwin KS, 10-12 grade. His design is the Google Cave Painting.

This is an amaaazing opportunity for an outstanding, smart, and talented young man.  Please...Please vote for him HERE.  I "Thank You" for him.

I'm OFF to enjoy the weekend with my family.  The Avengers opens TODAY!!!  Yaaaaaayyyy!!!

Flashback Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always nice to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...