4/13/12

Just like her

Recently I went to a photography workshop by Allison Carenza. Make no mistake about it:  I. Love. Her. I loved her the first second I met her. I love that she came dressed in her shorts and sandals and ROCKed it! I love that she talks to people like she’s no better at photography than they are. (face it, she SO is!) I love that she can laugh at herself. I love that she is down to earth, funny, smart, and talented beyond belief.  Plus, she’s a successful professional who will not hesitate to tell you how it is. It’s very clear that she’s living her dream. In my eyes, she pretty much has it all…..and I want to be just like her when I grow up!
I’m so glad I went; I learned a lot, met new people and ate awesome food. My mission:  to master the mechanics of my camera. I got just that, in a clear, down to earth, useful, and fun way. That’s not all though. I also learned about posing, lighting, tips & tricks. You know…the usual workshop stuff. I’ve been as high as a kite ever since! My mind has been going nonstop thinking of all the possibilities. At first my family was happy and excited for me, now they just want me to stop talking!

I’ve been thinking though…..

The one thing that stands out to me the most is when Allison talked about confidence. She said to “own confidence and find your own style”. It doesn’t matter what others think of your work as long as you love it, and own it.

For the past few years I’ve engaged in the New Year’s tradition of picking one word to focus on. I’m not much of a resolution girl. Picking just one word to focus on can make a big impact on your life if you open yourself up to the possibilities. It’s now April and I have yet to choose a word.

Until now.

After coming home from Allison’s workshop, it hit me.
Confidence.
The dictionary defines confidence as the belief in oneself and one’s powers or abilities. Is confidence something you can achieve for yourself or is it something you’re born with? Well, I’m going to find out, cuz I want it! I’m going to build it like a muscle with training and time.

Like everyone else, I am a student of life. Now that I recognize the problem, as well as the solution, I’m excited to make it happen. How about you? What personal roadblocks are you dealing with? Are you ready to meet them face to face and get past them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always nice to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...