2/12/12

A Sunday Well Spent

When the kids got old enough to be school all day, I went back to work.  It was then I started collecting recipes for good meals and time savers as well.  A gal I worked with gave me this recipe.  She said her mother used to make it for her when she was growing up.  Now I do too!

Chicken Italiano {Crock Pot Style}
Here's what you'll need:
2 to 3 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 - 10 3/4 oz. cans golden mushroom soup
2 - 14-1/2 oz. cans diced tomatoes
1 c. onion, chopped
1 t. dried basil
Arrange chicken in a slow cooker.
Mix together remaining ingredients and pour over chicken.

Cook on low for about 6 hours, or until chicken is done.  (I forgot to start mine this morning so I cooked it on High for about 3 1/2 hours w/ frozen chicken and it turned out great)
Cut or shred chicken into bite-size pieces before serving. Serves 4 to 6 people.  It's good with rice, sprinkled with grated Parmesan.



I think the girls are slowly but surely becoming friends...

Now I don't claim to be a crafter by any means.  I'm still waiting for Meg's invitation to Craft Weekend.  {{wink-wink}} Being a good crafter is something I strive for, but in the mean time my crafting comes in small packages.  If it takes too long I lose interest.  I did however get my craft on for about 20 or 30 minutes today. 

I have a split level home...not what I wanted, but hey, it's ours.  I have had the hardest time trying to figure out how to decorate the entry way.  I super wish Brook at All Things Thrifty would do a post about decorating this odd space.  Anyway, I had a quilt hanging in the entry way at one time, but now just the rod is left.  Not pretty!  So I decided to spruce it up a bit with some hanging hearts.   

Love is in the air...

I had hearts left over so I made one for my kitchen too.




Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

  1. oooh i love crockpot recipes and that one looks delicious. :) cute doggies btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! Your hearts looked so cute!

    ReplyDelete

It's always nice to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...