11/21/11

Cupcake-A-Licious!

I got my bakerella on this weekend and made some Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes. 


 I make cupcakes about once a year, IF that. 
So this was a ball hit waaayyy out of the park for this mama.


 I even got out the cake decorating kit I bought, ohhh about six years ago. 
I had to dig it out of the storage room. 


I did my version of the fancy swirl. 


I think they look good. 


Good enough to EAT!


Brother likes 'em.


...and Big Daddy.



Sissy couldn't stop talking to Boyfriend long enough to join us,
so she's doing the one handed cupcake.


When I took Sissy her treat,
I found this...




They may not be the prettiest, but they sure were Yummy!

Now for the Best part.

I'm going to share with you a tip I learned recently from a blog friend of mine.  You may want to visit her at Mommy Mishmash if you haven't already.  Katy Brown is a wife, mom and part-time super-hero. She lives in a humble, cozy home with her SuperHub and three adorable kids.

She. Is. A. Hoot!

This is what I learned recently from Katy, and it's actually the reason I even Made the cupcakes in the first place.

Just so I could do THIS!

THIS, my friends, is the correct way to eat a cupcake: 


I Love it! 

Thank you Katy!  I do believe I will be a baker of cupcakes more often.


Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
1 box yellow cake mix
1 box instant vanilla pudding
1 cup (8oz can) pumpkin
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup water
3 eggs
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1tsp cloves
1 tsp vanilla

Mix all ingredients and bake at 350 for 20 min.  (Easy Peasy!)

Frosting
1/4 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp cloves
2 cups (16 oz) powdered sugar

Actually, I just bought ready made Cream Cheese Frosting, 
mixed it with a container of Cool Whip. 
Quick & Yummy!

1 comment:

  1. Looks so yummy! I bought a can of pumpkin this weekend because i wanted to make something/anything pumpkin. I may have to try this recipe.

    Thanks for sharing! And now I know the proper way to eat a cupcake too!

    ReplyDelete

It's always nice to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...