7/9/11

She's Driving!?!

It makes me sick.


The statistics for teen driving is a hard pill of reality to swallow.


A Teenager's Odds

• Teenage drivers account for 12.6 percent of all drivers involved in fatal crashes.

• The fatal crash rates among 16- to 19-year-olds is four times that of older drivers.

• Risk is the highest at age 16, when the fatal crash rate is 40 percent higher than for 18 year-olds and 30 percent higher than for 19-year-olds.



Like the movie Kicking & Screaming, “I’m a tornado of swirling emotions.” I’m oh so happy my daughter is taking the initiative to do something new and exciting. I’m more than thrilled she’s at a time in her life when things are new, fun and full of endless possibilities. On the flip side of that coin, though, it saddens me for a few reasons. She’s that much closer to leaving home. She’s that much closer to being independent of her mother. And the BIGGEST one of all…”the odds.”

I know, I know…I have to let her go. And I will, I won’t stand in her way. Don’t worry. It’s just the stuff in my head …and my heart. Those creepy little tidbits that pop in there every now and then.

Someone said the other day, “I thought I’d buy my daughter a tank and then she’d be safe.” We all laughed. “You can you know.”

I have no idea why but you can. I Googled it when I got home. Go look it up.

Sure enough, for a wad of cash you can own your very own tank. I have no idea what tax & tags would cost. If you’re interested in investing, check out Armor for yourself.  I'm serious.

awww...here we go, for my daughter.  Wouldn't an extra large bow sit pretty on top?  Yeah, I don't think she'll go for it.  Darn!


Ok, so I decided to swallow my worries and fears....and just DO IT!

 
I may have to invest in a neck brace and dig my fingernails out of the dash...but I am happy to report we are all still here and well.


All kidding aside, Sissy, you did a great job.  No, you wont be on the main roads any time soon, but I see a confident go getter in you.  I couldn't be more proud of the person you're becoming.  Now instead of worries I keep thinking of all the errands I can send you on!

I Love You!!!  Please be safe...Always!

1 comment:

  1. omgosh, my daughter just started driver's ed a week ago, and I know exactly what you are saying!! We heard all the statistics on parents night and I have been a nervous "wreck" (pardon the pun!)
    xoxo, Tiffany

    ReplyDelete

It's always nice to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...