7/21/11

Keepin It Cool

It's been so hot Hot HOT the last few days, the kids & I just had to have a good 'ol Orange Julius!  My mom used to make these as a special treat on Christmas morning when we were kids.  I was in heaven!  I think she got the recipe out of the news paper yeeears ago.  Do they still do that?  Anyway, we made these last night for a yummy keep it cool treat.

Orange Julius

6 oz. frozen orange juice concentrate
1 cup milk
1 cup water
1/2 cup sugar  (I used 1/3 cup, you may also use Equal/etc.)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
8 - 9 ice cubes

Combine all ingredients in blender.
Photo by:  Paul Mayne
Blend for about 1 - 2 minutes.


Photo by:  Paul Mayne

Enjoy!

Photo by:  tastykitchen.com

How do you and your family beat the summer heat? Got any ideas for some cool treats?
I'd love to hear your ideas.
Keep it cool bloggers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always nice to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...