7/12/11

Live like a Hummingbird

While sitting on my deck, we had a little visitor.  Ok, well, my neighbor had a little visitor.  I snagged my camera, my tripod, and headed to the other side of the fence.  I'm glad I did.  I've been a fan of hummingbirds ever since I was a kid.  My dad used to watch them out the window.  I’m working on attracting more butterflies and hummingbirds to my backyard by planting different flowers so my kids can enjoy these wonderful birds.
As I took these shots, I realized the life of a hummingbird is free of time constraints, celebrating the everyday, and simply enjoying life at that very moment. I had one of those "aw ha moments" Oprah's always talking about. I need to start living like a hummingbird. Live in the moment, slow down and enjoy the simple things in my life.
Legends say that hummingbirds float free of time,
carrying our hopes for love, joy and celebration.
Like a hummingbird, we aspire to hover
and savor each moment as it passes;
embrace all that life has to offer
and to celebrate the joy of every day.
The hummingbird's delicate grace
reminds us that life is rich,
beauty is everywhere,
every personal connection has meaning
and that laughter is life's sweetest creation.
~Papyrus
No wonder my dad enjoyed watching these Awwwh-Mazing little flying beauties!  I made a mental note to myself: "Live like a Hummingbird." 
Are you ready to live like a Hummingbird"?
Classic Hummingbird Nectar Recipe
To make hummingbird nectar…
1.Combine one part white sugar and four parts water.

2.Heat the solution for 1-2 minutes to help the sugar dissolve and slow fermentation.

3.Allow the solution to cool completely before filling feeders

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe! We have a hummingbird feeder, but haven't hung it outside yet. This might just be the motivation that I need. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's one of the things I've always wanted for my own home! Now that I have one, I should do it! :)
    Thanks for stopping by my blog today, and taking the time to leave a comment! :)

    ReplyDelete

It's always nice to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...