3/27/11

Being Beautiful

Over the weekend, I ran across a blog post stopped me in my tracks.

It was an out right challenge to take a self portrait of yourself, no make up, and a sign saying "I Am Beautiful!". Rachel, at and then she {snapped}, said it's meant to help us women (moms especially) not be so critical of ourselves.

What!?!

Are You Out of Your Mind!?!

Hmmm....

The more I thought about it the more I couldn't NOT think about it!

You see, this blog post couldn't have come at a better time for me.  I have been struggling with body image all my life.  Every day I think about it.  There are two things I can't shake right now.  1.)  It's been a long winter and we've been inside enjoying warm comfort food for quite some time now.  2.)  I'm at that age now where things are starting to happen to my body that I have absolutely no control over.  I always thought I would be able to take control, but that's not the case.  It's very unsettling.

I feel compelled to tell you Rachel, even though I don't know you...Thank You from the bottom of my heart for your post!  It was just what I needed.  

Go over and visit Rachel...she's very talented, wise and fun!



and then, she {snapped}

1 comment:

  1. You most definitely are beautiful! I love seein all these lovely ladies proclaim that they are beautiul bc we all reallt ARE!!

    ReplyDelete

It's always nice to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...