12/9/10

Smiling's my Favorite


"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring...all of which have the potential to turn a life around."
~ Leo Buscagila


Be The Change and visit {www.helpothers.org} 
...because smiles are contagious.

It's a game of pay-it-forward:
Anonymously make someone smile with an act of kindness,
leave behind a card asking them to keep the ripple going.
It's easy and fun.

You can either print off smile cards at the website
or make your own.  My family has done both.
Either way, it's a great family experience,
Especially during the holidays.
We like to leave cards with store clerks, restaurant staff
and delivery people...like the mail, ups and fedex.
Hey, don't forget about the trash guys!
They deserve a smile too!
(maybe I'll make them some hot chocolate)


aaanyhooo....
 

Also check out {Kind Over Matter} dedicated to kind acts, inspirational stories, art & projects.





Okie Dokie.
 
You're it.
 
Pass it on.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh goodness, Jill - I am NOT looking forward to the day(s) when my children have cell phones. :) I don't have an Ipod either...a few Christmas' ago my sweet hubby put an MP3 player in as one of my stocking treats thinking I might like to take it to the gym with me. I was excited at first but than when he started showing me how to upload stuff I quickly lost interest. Besides, everybody knows I go to the gym merely to watch "Real Housewives" episodes on Bravo! :) And thank you, for having a 10 month old I think I am doing alright...still have the last 10-15lbs to lose but am putting ZIP pressure on myself during the holiday Season. Who needs it?!

    ReplyDelete

It's always nice to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...