11/8/10

Everybody Love Everybody...Especially Yourself!


This is how I spent the morning with my daughter yesterday.  We made tons of post-it notes to place on the mirror's of public restrooms anywhere and everywhere we go.  I ran across one of these notes on a friends blog one day last week and it made me tear-up.  I was having a "fat" day AND a "bad hair" day!  Her post made me so SO happy that I wanted to do the same for every other girl out there who felt that yucky way. 

You really should visit Operation Beautiful...I love it!  Actually I may be addicted to it.  lol! 

The goal of the website is to end negative self-talk.  You see when I was in High School I had a problem with anorexia.  I'm not going to get into the details, but I will tell you that I am a healthy and happy woman.  However...there is not a day that goes by that I don't look at myself in the mirror, I mean really look myself over from head to toe and wonder if this will be the day when I will loose control.  (I'm getting tears in my eyes just typing these words)  (gulp!)  *deep breath...continue....*  Also there's not a day that goes by I don't step on the scale every morning and every evening like clock work.  Now, is that something I want to pass along to my daughter...Absolutely Not!  That's why I want to do this project with her.  I want her to feel good about herself and love herself enough to get through her entire life being proud of who she is.  I Love Her that much!!! 

This is how it works, it's really fun to do, simply write a motivating note on a post it and put it up in a public place– such as on a bathroom mirror, in the gym locker room, or even on a random car’s windshield. If you want, you can write the web address www.OperationBeautiful.com on the bottom so other women can find the site!  How great is that!?!

Moving on...

I have kept  my mouth shut as I can.  Maybe you've heard about this.  Seems this wonderful little boy dressed up as Scooby Doo's "Daphne" for the school Halloween party.  Well, some of the mom's didn't like it.  The boy's mom blogged about it, here, and the news made a HUGE fiasco out of it here, here and here.

One of the reasons I quit FaceBook is because it seems to me that with the use of FB, Twitter, texting, so on and so on that today's society thinks they can say anything and everything that comes to mind, weather it be good or bad, positive or negative...they seem to think they have the right to just blurt it out regardless of who their words may hurt. They just don't care and that is sad.

On the flip side of the coin...I can completely understand where this mom is coming from and I stand behind her 110%!

My son plans for Halloween all year long! It's his most favorite holiday, with the exception of Christmas of course. He completely and totally loves dressing up. He plans and plans and plans right down to the last detail. Well, this year he had planned on being a transformer from one of his favorite movies. Unfortunately, the kids in his class lead him to believe that was NOT cool and lead him to believe that the way to fit in was to dress in blood and gore...something completely out of the ordinary for him. Completely!

To make a long story short, when we got to his school party, one of his classmates was dressed up as a girl. What a hoot! That was Great! When given the chance I pointed out to my son that the boy who dressed up as a girl did what "he" wanted to do and didn't let other's put ideas into his head. It's called "self confidence". Sometimes it's a good thing to do what You want to do and to stick up for yourself.

...and look, the other kid is Shaggy ~ how funny is that!?!

Teach your children to stand up for themselves...today it's Halloween costumes...tomorrow it's going to be other, not so fun, things.


Spreading the love.... 

So here is my daughter...on Friday she got Red Roses and Chocolates from her "boyfriend".

That was very nice.  She was happy all weekend long.

Tootles! 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the website! I am definitely going to look over it and post some myself :) Great blog too by the way!

    ReplyDelete

It's always nice to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...