11/19/10

C'mon & Smaaash It

Every day when I go home for lunch, I make something to eat, sit in quietness {it's the only time my house is quiet ~ I rather enjoy it} and watch The Barefoot Contessa.  Today as I ate my ham sandwich, Ina Garten made, in front of my very eyes, chocolate...lots & lots of chocolate . 

~ Rum Raisin Truffles
~ Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries
~ Chocolate-Dipped Fruits & Nuts
~ Mexican Hot Chocolate

 I'm not even a big sweets eater, but I could hardly sit still!

She then talked of making chocolate candies and such, which lead to this FunTabulous invention of a party cake EVER!  *jills eyes Lit-Up ~ all chewing came to a Halt!* It's called a Smash Cake and it's made by Brigitte Browney of Cocoa Pod.


It's a hollow shell of chocolate, shaped and decorated like a large cupcake.  It even comes with it's very own mallet to break up the cake, or "smash it" if you will. 

It's filled with truffles and MORE chocolate!  It's like a Chocolate Pinata! 

Hmph!  Who knew!?!  Not me.

Sweet Dreams my friends!
Sweet Dreams....

4 comments:

  1. ummm I need one of these. they.look.delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Ina Garten. We go way back. :) I've loved her since her very first cookbook. I saw her on Martha stewart. This post has me on chocolate overload. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog!

    The 'KC' is for my name, Kelly Careen... :)

    And, well, yes...have been under the weather the past several weeks/months. Keeping a hopeful heart that it's all uphill from here!

    ReplyDelete

It's always nice to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...